Here's some advice from School Is Cool judge Gavin Bishop
How to get started on making a “School is Cool” poster
- Make a list of 5 things that you like at your school. You might choose your friends, subjects you like, games you play, your teachers, or even your lunch.
- Put a circle around 3 of your favourite things in that list. Now make some drawings of those favourite things.
- Now it’s time to start designing. Think carefully about the words you are going to use. Don’t use too many.
- Make a rough layout of your poster. Sketch out where the words and the pictures will go.
- Make a good copy when you are satisfied with your rough layout.
- Take your time. Don’t rush.